- Breakthrough in battle against malaria as new vaccine proves 100 per cent effective against disease for the first time in history
100% is a good number, a strong number. I like it.
- Canadian man born blind sees for the first time at age 68 after he FELL down the stairs
Ok so… who wants a shoove?
- Korea constructs road that wirelessly charges moving electric buses
Now we’re talking! Can we next make one that doesn’t fall to pieces in 5 years?
- Rubble rescue: Tool can ‘see’ heartbeat of disaster-trapped victims
Bet this wasn’t discovered by a government sponsored grant.
- How I taught a homeless man to build an app in a week
Charity shouldn’t be mandated or forced. It should be done out the goodwill of one human being to another. Great job Patrick McConlogue! (How is it that the British Daily Mail does a better job finding these stories than our American media? Agenda perhaps?)
- Go to Disney Without Going Broke
Apparently we are all required to take our kids to Disney as least once. Therefore, this information is vital to saving some cash.
- Iowa Couple, Both 99, Celebrates 79 Years of Marriage
This is what society should be celebrating, rather than the inane ramblings of overly rich and privileged.
- Boy, 3, who heard for the first time. First child in the U.S. to have an auditory brain stem implant
Simply incredible what medical science is capable of these days. What an emotional scene this must have been for the parents.
- The World’s Most Affordable Places to Retire
I’m not there yet but I’ll save this link, just in case.
- Exclusive: Cancer – A cure just got closer thanks to a tiny British company – and the result could change lives of millions
This could be HUGE!
This is for everyone, because an Acid Trip Without the Acid is better.
- Meet the incredible teenager who taught himself 23 languages
Wow… seems impossible, right?
- The Safest (and Cheapest) Cholesterol Treatment
There are likely natural remedies that God built into our world for every ailment. Of course, it’s quite difficult to find them.
- How to boost your energy without caffeine
I’m sure it works, but where’s the fun in that? hehe
- The 7 Ways Successful People Approach Their Work
Personally, the #7 point, “Pursue Pleasure” is calling my name.
- The computers curing cancer: Software is better than doctors at judging which treatments will work
Number crunching is a computer’s forte. Build faster computers then all we need to do is ask the right questions.
- Think Spice: 8 Spices with Health Benefits
I had heard this about Cinnamon and Ginger, but psyched to learn about Cayenne Pepper. Ay caramba!
- Is This The HIV Cure We’ve Been Waiting For?
So the Mississippi Baby is now HIV free. That’s beyond wonderful! While the general media jumps up and down about a cure, no mention is given to the possibility that God performed a miracle. Some scientists will never get it.
- The end of the Third World? New study shows world poverty could be eradicated in 20 years
“The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.”
- Walking IS as good for your health as running – but you’ll need to do it for longer to get the same benefits
Makes sense. But you also have to consider less injuries, less stress on joints and more opportunity to watch Netflix movies while on my treadmill. ;^)
- Healthy Fast Food and Takeout
There are plenty of ways to modify most of today’s fast food to make it healthier. The question is, will we?
- Google’s project X: Search giant hints at ‘unbreakable’ superphone and tablet with longer lasting battery
Sounds to me like Google is listening.
- Conn. couple named ‘longest married’ in US
Gotta applaud the effort there. Great job Mr. and Mrs. Betar!
- Jessica Cox was born without arms, but never let that get in the way of her dreams
The right attitude means EVERYTHING. How inspirational! Love stories like these.
- The blind may soon see again as science prepares to market high-tech cyborg eye
Love that tech is being used for more than just entertainment. Hope the company responsible thrives!
- Twitter and Amex to let you pay with a hashtag
Have we found a new currency?
How cool is this? The Google Glass promo video outrageous. It blew my mind! Think you can handle it?
- Samsung teases ‘unprecedented new TV shape’ set to be revealed next week (and it could be transparent as well)
Slick to the nTH degree. Transparent TV!
- Grinnell College’s Jack Taylor scores NCAA record 138 points
What a ball hog. ;^)
- Four Things That Will Cost Less in ’13
I’ll buy the other 3 but I have a hard time believing Cable prices will ever go down. Them’s is greedy people.
- Could a cup of tea made from coffee be the healthiest hot drink option?
So lemme get this straight, coffee tea is the new coffee? Where do I sign!?
- Did someone say Lego Hotel?
Might be time to prep the Family Truckster.
- How to put a roof over the world’s poorest people: Ingenious idea for recycling 700m discarded wooden pallets unveiled
Now here’s a truly green concept that I can get behind. Where can I invest?
- Grinnell College’s Jack Taylor scores NCAA record 138 points
What a ball hog. ;^)
- The amazing pacemaker powered by your own heartbeat instead of batteries – and is smaller than a one penny piece
How incredible is this? Incredible potential here.
- Wine lovers boot camp lets you make your own wine
Paso Robles is quite a trip from Louisville, but perhaps we could make this happen.
- Grocer, 70, gives stores to his employees — for free
I wonder if going this route helps him avoid the evil inheritance tax… hmmm…
- Responding To Hurricane Sandy
The Red Cross gets most of the mainstream press for disaster relief but the work of Samaritan’s Purse is outstanding, and they comes in the name of Jesus.
- Lemonade stand vs. cancer: Boy raises $80,000 to aid research
Max Igoe is a hero. There are many more like him that need more press!
- Paragliders’ stunning views during seven-hour, 204-mile record-breaking flight across America’s Red Desert
You gotta follow this link… the photos are INCREDIBLE!
- Ditch that crossword and take a walk if you want to beat dementia
“A study has found physical exercise, rather than mind-stretching activities, offers the best protection against excessive shrinking of the brain in later life.”
- Stray Cat Saves a Homeless Man’s Life
No, he didn’t go all Lassie and rescue James Bowen from a well but the emotional support to a hurting man can not be undervalued.
The creator of this gif deserves mad props because it’s clearly the greatest animated gif of all time! Think you can do better? Because I don’t think you can.
- NY bus driver catches girl, 7, in three-story plunge
Watch the video! Incredible!
- Coffee Skin Cancer: Caffeine Consumption Linked With Lower Risk Of Basal Cell Carcinoma
It just keeps getting better and better…
- Eleven Well-Paying Jobs that Don’t Require a 4-Year Degree
The concept that college is mandatory is ridiculous. It’s a mindset that’s largely true but taken too far. Most professionals don’t even use their college specialization in their current work.
- I’d like a beer, 70-year-old says after icy 6-day ordeal in Alps.
After that much time, I’d ask for two beers.
- 10 of America’s best historic restaurants
Powerful list for the cuisine connoisseurs among us.
- You’ll want to keep your eyes open for this one… America’s tallest roller coaster opens amid spectacular views
Can’t talk now… booking a flight to Denver… Cliffhanger here we come!
- Boy, 9, gives away Disney World trip to family of fallen soldier
I love warm stories like these. Does that mean I’m getting old?
- Paralyzed Teen Walks At High School Graduation
Patrick Ivison is an inspiration. We need more stories like this and less about crime and death.
- Want to Live to 100? Sleep
It’s not so difficult to have a happy, healthy life… follow what the Bible says. It’s in there!
- Donations for bullied bus monitor soar past $500,000
Sure Karen was mistreated and that’s shameful but wow, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I imagined given the outcry.
- US unemployment claims hit 4-year low of 357K
Good news but imagine the numbers if the government would get out of the way and let our economy run.
- “Don’t call me a hero … It’s just what you do”
But you are a hero. I applaud you!
- Sliced Bread Just Got Better
Science is finding ways to create nutrition rich foods cheaper and faster.
- The Week Obama Jumped the Shark
Obama just doesn’t get it. Our country is founded on freedom, for the most people. Not power in the hands of the elites.
- New Toilet System Transform Waste into Electricity
Too many kids? No problem! Turn that poop into cash!
- Part Motorcycle, Part Car: Vehical of the Future?
There are an awful lot of pros to LIT Motor’s concept. Since it’s the safest motorcyle ever, maybe my wife will let me finally get one? Nah…
- Twitter Founders Back a New Start-Up
Plan to achieve your goals. Little good comes easily so use what you’ve been given to work forward. I just talked about this Agents: Do You Have a Real Estate Plan for Yourself?
- Visual thinker Sunni Brown ‘Gets It’
Not sure why people forget that we humans are visual first. All the other senses take a back seat.
- Man, 91, gives millions to foster home
More news needs to be positive news, like this. God loves a cheerful giver. Great job Al Azus!
- Army Major Helps Afghan Boy Get New Life
Army Major Glenn Battschinger is a great example of the kind of great people that serve our country in the armed forces. Not to mention the foster family who’s keeping him until he returns to Afghanistan.